Tuesday 8 October 2013

Skirts, part II

Here are the other two skirts I made with Butterick 4722.

Another view C. This skirt is made from quilting cotton that has been in my stash forever and a day. This one was given to my daughter's friend, to whom I promised a skirt months ago and finally got done.

She's a little older than girlie, and a touch bigger, so I added a little bit to the centre front and back seams. She has a bit of growing room.

I didn't have any brown zippers, but I did have a pink one, so it ties in with the colours in the skirt.






This skirt is view B. I normally like to make children's clothing out of quilting cotton because it is inexpensive, but this fabric was not a quilting cotton.

I can't remember what it was though. It is cotton, however.

This one was not so fun, as the markings on the pattern made no sense at all, so I had to work out the ease and gathers freehand. I'm not a big fan of doing gathers, but they always look nice when I'm done, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

This skirt has an elastic waistband.

Next up on the sewing list is Halloween costumes. I'm looking forward to them - they are always fun. Little Dude's costume also incorporates some knitting... but I'm not telling what he's going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment