Thursday 18 June 2015

Louise's blue dress

©Aspiring Threads
Just a quick update on the dress progress.

Louise came over to try the new muslin, and we have a game plan. The only adjustment I need to make is to take the dress in at the side seams. There was a little bit of extra fullness above the bust, but the weight of the dress will take care of that, so I don't need to adjust for that.

Louise decided to use the view A yoke, since the view B yoke comes up too high.

What we decided to do is to cut the blue dress first, since the fabric was less expensive. I will baste all of the seams, and we can tweak them if needed when she comes to try it on. Why am I basting? Because Louise didn't want to come back for a third fitting, and I can't blame her. She's busy with her own schedule, just like I am, and it's a bit of a trek for her to come out here.

I'm really hoping to get at least the blue dress finished by the end of the month. I usually sew faster than this, but this past week has been very busy, and I haven't been home much.

No comments:

Post a Comment