Saturday 20 June 2015

Reversible box tote

I'm not a big fan of gigantic purses, so sometimes my purse is just too small for my knitting project... I do have a large drawstring project bag, but I don't really like it because it's just too big to carry around.

I did some poking around for a quick, easy, fun tote that didn't have fussy handles or other details, and found the Reversible Box Tote from Very Shannon. It's a free pattern, which is awfully nice.

©Aspiring Threads
After I finished basting Louise's blue dress, I decided to sew up my tote. I had bought some nice, acid green Michael Miller fabric that has charcoal grey luna moths on it some time ago, and had absolutely no idea what to make with it. I also had enough of a coordinating fabric that is destined for our quilt (which I have not started cutting yet), which I used for the lining.

As you can see, it was a lazy Saturday in our home. My husband wore the dog out, then went to have a nap himself. My daughter is creating art in her bedroom, and my son is hanging out with a friend, enjoying the sunshine... so what better time to sew up a knitting bag? After all, my machine was already set up, and nobody needed me.

©Aspiring Threads
Here's the finished knitting bag, in all it's bright green glory! I like how the lining is a perfect match for the exterior of the bag, even though they're not from the same fabric collection.

The luna moth fabric (the whole flora fauna collection, in fact) is discontinued, which is a shame, because I'd love to get some in raspberry, which would actually be very wearable. I have enough of the fabric for a blouse, but I think it would be a bit... loud.

The bag is large enough for a shawl, or a smaller sweater, which is perfect. I don't usually take sweater projects anywhere, and if I do, it's usually in the early stages, before it becomes too unwieldy to travel with.

The best part? I'll never lose my knitting bag, because it would be impossible to miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment