Thursday 5 September 2013

Cobbled Cowl

I gave you a sneak peek at my Cobbled Cowl yesterday, so here it is, in all it's warm, soft glory!

The yarn is Malabrigo merino worsted, and it is a single ply yarn. I love single ply yarns, because they have such a different texture than multi-ply yarns. The only downside is that they tend to pill more.

The colourway is called "nostalgia", and it is a lovely blue & green blend. I bought the yarn on a whim at Three Bags Full several months ago, not knowing what to do with it. I loved the colours and just had to have it, so it went into my stash.

When our trip to Banff came up, I decided that a cowl was just the thing for this yarn. I didn't really have enough for a hat, and I hate scarves, but knew it could get cold at night even in August... so a cowl was the answer.

I really love how this cowl turned out. The stitch pattern is nice for this particular yarn, because it breaks up any pooling and softens the acid green parts of the yarn, so they're not so obnoxious. The pattern was easy to memorize, and knit up fairly quickly. It was a little bit slow because of the stitch pattern, but I'd definitely make it again. In fact, my little guy wants me to make him one, and I'm game. Just not in Malabrigo. I love the kid, but he loses stuff...

I'll post the baby jester hat tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment