Friday 20 September 2013

Snip, snip, chop, chop

I decided to go ahead and chop my hair. I went to my favourite hairdresser and she did her magic.

 This is my hair a few weeks ago. Cute straight, but truth be told, I have grown to hate wearing my hair down.

I usually wore it in a high ponytail, but I have a LOT of hair. It is heavy, so wearing a high ponytail causes a lot of tugging on my scalp.

All of the tugging on my scalp makes my scalp hurt and itch.

And besides that, what the heck is the point of having long hair if you always wear it up because you hate wearing it down? And if wearing it up is uncomfortable, what's a gal to do?


Chop it off, of course.

Two interesting notes about the before & after photos. I still have a little bit of pink left! I bleached that part of my hair a couple of inches away from my scalp so that it wouldn't look stupid as my hair grew. I wanted it to look good when my hair was up, and didn't want a harsh line where the new growth was. I thought I'd lose all of the pink, but apparently not.

Also, my hair is decidedly BROWN. This is not acceptable. Last time I coloured my hair, it was a dark purple colour. I need to figure something out, because I don't want to be a brunette right now.

I am quite chuffed with this cut. It took literally five minutes to style this morning. All I did was scrunch some AG reCoil into it while it was still dripping wet, squeeze it with a microfibre chamois, and diffuse it for a couple of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment