Thursday 8 August 2013

RIP

I don't know how it happened, or why, but my iron died yesterday. I was making a pillowcase dress for a friend's little one, and the iron sprung a leak and there was water. Everywhere. The entire reservoir emptied all over the floor and my ironing board.

I've always taken very good care of my iron, because it was a good iron, and it cost more than I ever thought I'd spend on an iron. It was only four years old, and a Rowenta, so it should have lasted. But it was not to be. I wondered if maybe our naughty cat knocked it off of the ironing board, so I asked if anyone had found it on the floor yesterday morning and replaced it before I noticed, but no. It just died.

Today, I got a new iron. Another Rowenta, and spent, again, more than I would have liked to spend on an iron. It will be broken in tomorrow.

RIP, old Rowenta. I'll miss you - you were good to me...but your replacement is sexier than you were.

Just for fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment