Monday 19 August 2013

I got to knit a baby gift!

Most of my friends are done making babies... so by the time I really got into knitting, there weren't many babies to knit for. Luckily for me, some new friends of mine are expecting in a few months, and they're having a little girl!

A week ago, I picked up some Sweet Georgia Tough Love Sock to knit up a baby sweater... and thanks to a free pattern called Maile (which has a sweet story behind it), I came up with this...

This is a closeup of the leaf lace. I love how the yarn knit up - there's absolutely no pooling! It is a hardy yarn too, so while it looks really pretty, it should stand up to lots of washing and baby abuse!

I did make a mistake on the yoke lace though... you have to look closely, but you'll see that the middle set of leaves is too long. I wasn't using a counter, so I knit one row of lace twice...
The mistake I made on the yoke lace is the reason that the buttons at the neck are so close together... The sweater is only supposed to have four buttons, but mine has five.

I gave it to our friends on Saturday. They really seemed to appreciate the gift, and I can't wait to see photos of their baby wearing her new sweater!


No comments:

Post a Comment