Tuesday 14 April 2015

Another baby sweater


©Aspiring Threads
I don't often have the opportunity to knit for babies, since most of my friends have kids that are around the same ages as my own children. Because of this, whenever someone I know (even if it is a friend of a friend) has a new baby, I jump on the opportunity to knit tiny things.

My best friend has a very good friend whom she has known most of her life, and I've met him. He's a very cool person, and very generous to boot. Last month, he welcomed his first baby to the world, so I had to knit her a sweater.

©Aspiring Threads
I've knit this pattern before, it's the Maile sweater. My previous sweater was blogged here.

I sent the sweater off yesterday, and he doesn't know it is coming. He also doesn't know about this blog, so I figure it is safe to post about it.

I think this is my go-to baby sweater. It knits up quickly, and is really very cute. I could modify it for a boy if needed, by omitting the lace, or replacing it with cables.

My Ravelry project page is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment