Sunday 26 April 2015

Upcoming knits

My daughter is a huge Harry Potter fan... she's read all of the books several times, including the Hogwarts Library set. She has, of course, seen the movies, but waited until after reading the books. I hate to admit this, but I wasn't all that interested in the movies when they came out... even though so many people I know were practically jumping out of their skin with excitement. I just didn't get the appeal.

I've since seen most of the movies, and they were good, but I didn't really get into them much... then I read the books. I started reading them two weeks ago, and finished Deathly Hallows today. I can't remember the last time I shed so many tears while reading a book!

Daughter has done several sorting hat quizzes online (she's a Hufflepuff) and so have I (I'm a Ravenclaw). She's been begging me for a Hufflepuff scarf, and wants a tie as well, because ties are cool, of course.

I decided to humour her and make her a scarf, so I'll be ordering yarn to make her a year 1-2 Hufflepuff house scarf... I'm using Knit Picks yarn instead of the Cascade 220 called for in the pattern though. This will be the most boring, mindless knit I've done in many, many years, and it is going to take eons... they're long scarves! It'll be worth it when I see her face when it's done though, so I'll soldier on. It'll be a good travel project.

The other thing I am going to knit her, which was my idea, is Of Hallows and Horcruxes. This sweater is based on the one worn in several scenes of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. It should be a fun knit, not too challenging.

I'm tempted to make one  for myself as well, but I think daughter would find that embarrassing.

Maybe I should make myself one in different colours, so that she won't roll her eyes too hard...

Fortunately, neither of these upcoming projects are surprises... if they were, it would take forever to knit them up, since I wouldn't be able to do them while she's home.

No comments:

Post a Comment