Monday 2 March 2015

Oakridge blouse & some photography

Well. Raiding my stash was a failure. I have loads of quilting cottons in my stash, but they don't have the right drape for this blouse (I could use them to make the Granville shirt, but I had my heart set on making an Oakridge first).

I suppose that means I'll need to make a trip to the fabric store, which I will do on my way home today. I'm hoping to find something suitable for spring, since it has been so beautiful here lately. I know the rest of Canada and the US are snowed under, but we're very fortunate here on the west coast... I don't want to rub it in, but if you're so inclined, this will show you just what we've been living with for the last couple of weeks. Crocuses. Daffodils. Cherry blossoms. Even the magnolia trees are blooming already. It's been just beautiful.

©Aspiring Threads
I took this photo last weekend on the seawall at Stanley Park. It was cool in the shade, but once you got into the sunshine, it was nice and warm. We spent a couple of hours walking the seawall, talking, and taking photos. We're very fortunate to have such a beautiful park in our city.






©Aspiring Threads

©Aspiring Threads

©Aspiring Threads
The lookout at Prospect Point, as seen from the seawall.












Siwash Rock is a local landmark, and has a really neat First Nations story. Give it a read on Wikipedia.











Mount Baker, as seen from the seawall (do you notice a trend here?). Port Metro Vancouver can be seen too. You can also see the crows going home to roost. I love watching the crows heading home for the night.

In fact, this is an opportunity to share more music with you! In January 2014, we went to see a concert called Sing it Forward, during which, I was first exposed to a young woman named Hannah Epperson. She's an amazing violinist, and one of the songs she played is called Murder of Crows. The first thing I did when I got online the next day was buy her EP. I've only been able to find live videos of her performing the song, and this is the best one I could find... but if you like it, her EP used to be available on Bandcamp.com... but it's not there anymore, sadly. If you visit her Facebook page, you might be able to find her contact information so you can buy her album, as it is wonderful. Give her a listen!

I'll be back after I buy fabric, I promise!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment