Wednesday 18 March 2015

Recent knits

More sharing! Here are some things I've knit in the past several months...

©Aspiring Threads
I joined over 18,000 other Ravellers in knitting Cookie A's Monkey Socks. I called them my Lemming Socks, because well, 18,000+ other people have knit them, so I must be a lemming.

I made these on our honeymoon. Or rather, I made one of these on our honeymoon. Despite being on an airplane for hours and hours, I didn't actually get a lot of knitting done... the second sock was knit here at home.









©Aspiring Threads
I joined a Ravelry knitalong inspired by the TV adaptation of Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. The pattern was a challenging knit, and sadly I don't find the finished shawl to be very wearable, but it did turn out beautifully. The shawl is just a little bit too small for me to actually wear, unfortunately. Here's the link to my project page.












©Aspiring Threads
This shawl was a fun, easy, mindless, enjoyable stashbuster. I had a bunch of bulky weight superwash in my stash, but I couldn't remember what I bought it for, so it sat in my bin, neglected.

The yarn was charcoal grey, which is very versatile, but doesn't particularly excite me, so after knitting the shawl, I overdyed it with Jacquard acid dye that I had in my stash. I don't do a lot of dyeing, but it is a nice option to have when you're just not crazy about the colour of your yarn.

I wear this shawl frequently. Sometimes just by itself, but more frequently as an extra layer over a hoodie or a light sweater when I'm not sure what the weather is going to be like. Link here.

©Aspiring Threads
These are my go-to mitts. The pattern is Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts, but with charts by a Ravelry member named napkinpoem.

I love these charts, and the colours I picked are so warm and earthy. I don't like gloves, because I can't use my touchscreen and my fingers get cold in spite of being covered, so fingerless mitts are the ideal option for me. My fingers are available for using my phone or picking up after the wooly monster (aka the dog), but my hands are warm. If my fingers get chilly, I can just tuck them inside the palm of the mitt in a loose fist until they're warm again.

I want to make another pair of these, but in different colours. I might make my own chart, but I'm undecided. I like the original charts, and I don't want to make an identical pair to these. Decisions, decisions... I have a while before I need to make a decision though, since mitt weather is coming to a close. Again, link to the project page... here you go!


No comments:

Post a Comment