Monday 29 July 2013

And another pair of socks for the destroyer


I finished the third pair of socks for the destroyer while camping last week. I don't have a photo of him modelling them, so you will have to settle for a picture of them on the beach.

I used ONline Supersocke 100 for these socks, which is a self-striping yarn. I am rarely disappointed in yarn (unless I make the mistake of buying it at Michael's), but this yarn was a huge disappointment, especially considering the price of it. It was full of bad joins and knots. I think I ran into five joins in the ball, and I didn't finish it. I wouldn't buy it again. You can also see a section in the sock on the left where the colours are very saturated (right where the gusset begins). The ball was enough to knit a pair of socks, so this shouldn't happen.

I promised the destroyer that I'd mail him his blue socks while he's away at his dad's, so I'm glad I got them finished in time to do so. I'll be off to the post office tomorrow.

I'm back working on my purple socks, which I expect to finish this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment