Thursday 11 July 2013

Wedding shawl

One of my oldest friends got married a few weeks ago. I wasn't able to attend her wedding, but I wanted to do something special for her. It was an outdoor wedding, so I asked if she'd like me to knit her a lace shawl.

 The pattern is Flylleryd, and I used Jaggerspun Zephyr, which is a wool/silk blend. The pattern has nupps, but because it was for a wedding, I decided to substitute faceted Czech glass beads in place of the nupps.
Unfortunately, the beads didn't photograph very well. They're aurora borealis beads, meaning that they have a transparent coloured finish, which adds a bit of interest to them.

They also made the shawl rather heavy, but that is good because it means it wasn't very flyaway like some shawls can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment