Tuesday 16 July 2013

One sock down...

These are the first socks I'm knitting for myself. I started them a while ago, but they hibernated for a while so I could knit socks for the destroyer. I have to put them aside again, because I promised the destroyer that I'd make his blue socks and mail them to him at his dad's house.

This whole project started because of my lovely, comfortable Fluevog Sandra shoes. Aren't they cute? My feet love them. And they begged me for hand knit socks.

I've only finished one sock so far, and the second will have to wait until the destroyer's next socks are done. If you're interested, the pattern is Primavera, and I used Knit Picks Gloss Fingering in Cosmos.

For the record, I am not a sock knitter. I have tried it in the past, and didn't enjoy it. Something has changed since my last attempt however, because I'm not finding sock knitting torturous. In fact, it is great on-the-go knitting and perfect for summer because I don't end up with a lap full of yarn. It appears that I've been converted to sock knitting. I am planning a pair of red socks for the destroyer, and I have yarn for a red & purple pair for myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment